January 9, 2012

Furious V


"I think I need more of a cooling off period before we talk about this.  It's inexcusable, and I'm cool and calm right now.  It's inexcusable to come out and compete so well, be so prepared, and then go up and compete tightly on beam.  I mean, I'm so SICK of saying that.  They could not be more prepared.  They couldn't hit better in intrasquads.  It's ridiculous, and I will stop now before I go into a full rant, but I mean, you know, we could sit here and say 'ooh, the silver lining is we've got things to work on, and we're really deep blah, blah, blah,' but it was inexcusable.  It's inexcusable to go up, to be so prepared, and to compete tightly when you're this talented.  DONE."

If anyone ever asks why you love one Valorie Kondos Field, a simple link to this interview will do.  Any time anyone asks me a question from now on, I'm ending my answer with "DONE."

Val's catchphrase last season was "training with purpose."  She will really hope this year's doesn't become "inexcusable."


I'll put up full thoughts on the weekend's meets soon, but Miss Val's interviews were, as always, irresistible.

No comments:

Post a Comment